Thursday, September 24, 2009

Turtle Tank Stench!??!?

Question:

How do I stop it? I have two fairly big turtles, and a regular heating lamp and etc. One filter thing sucks up all the dirty stuff, and the other one spits out water. I don't really see what the problem is. But then there is ammonia on the sides of the tank. Then it gets REAL stinky after about 2 weeks. So smelly that I cant even go into my own room. HOW DO I STOP IT?

Answers:

What you might want to look into would be a plastic kiddie pool for them to live outside if you live in an acceptable climate... the water cleanliness issues would still need to be dealt with for the health of your turtles, but it would get them out of your room and into natural sunlight, which is the best thing for them.

Your filtration might also be a problem; make sure you have a good biological filter.

go to a pet store and ask them for a product to de smell it and ask them whats wrong theyll tell you all about it

No comments:

Post a Comment