Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Stocking a 14 gallon aquarium Help!?

Question:

I have a few live plants and an aquaclear 5-15 gallon filter. Every other day I change 2 gallons of the water. Can I add any more fish and if so what types, or is my aquarium overstocked and which fish should I get rid of?

Answers:

Tank looks pretty good the way it is, at just about the right stocking level. If you were to add anything, two or three oto cats or pygmy cories would be interesting for the bottom swimming level of the tank.

I think you should get rid of the tetras and get some cory cats or shrimps. The tetras may pick on your betta and will definitely stress him and out compete him for food.

general rule of thumb-1to 1 1/2 in. of fish per gal of water look at the size of fish and figure out how many inches your fish are

1 inch of fish per gallon of water so ur good and bettas fight with other fish so yea

I'd say it's full right now (but not overstocked).

No comments:

Post a Comment