Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hi name is Jay I have a 98 Oldsmobile intrigue and I do a little work on my own.?

Question:

I stop or park and it's running. Now on top of that the hoes from the radiator is not soft, both are hard. Also the middle were the shifter is gets supper hotttt really hot ?????the part that gets me is that the car runs fine like nothing wrong. please help I'm stock.

Answers:

Sounds to me Jay like your converter is plugged up. How's the acceleration? Sluggish. Try a night drive and when it acts up, wear some old clothes and check out for an orange glow in front of the converter. Careful you don't get burnt. If it isn't that, you have a cracked head or bad head gasket and it isn't showing up yet, so watch for white smoke. good luck

I agree with oldguy. Sounds like converter plugged. I would not drive it anymore till that is checked. The sputtering is most likely the valves are burnt at least one is. the heat burns them and they no longer seal due to the converter backing up heat to the heads.

may have over heated the engine and warped the heads, have it professionally checked before more damage is done.

you odviously shouldet be workin on it so stop now and go to a shop before you dont have a car to ask questions about

i don't no much about cars but my uncle had a blown head gasket when his was over heating all the time,

No comments:

Post a Comment