Saturday, September 26, 2009

My fish keep getting sucked onto the filter what can I do?

Question:

My fish keep getting sucked onto my filter in my 55 gallon tank and dying. Ive had my tank running for 3 1/2 weeks. I checked my water and it was in good condition so I added fish. Every couple of days the fish would get sucked onto my filter and die. A lady told me its because the ammonia is high in my water and to change the water about 25%. I changed it and some fish died because when I changed it the ammonia level got even higher. A man told me since my tank is new not to change the water for the first 2 months and that is the reason they died. Now i have more fish getting sucked into the filter. Can someone help me and tell me what to do? Should I change my water or keep it running?

Answers:

good luck, I suggest you look into the nitrogen cycle and new tank syndrome.

its kinda obvious just cover the filter intake with a net or something that wont let fishes get sucked and crushed by the propellor.It might lower the output rate but whats a fish tank with no fish?

kill them problem solved

No comments:

Post a Comment