Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saltwater fish tank cloudy...?

Question:

I have a biocube 29 and I just changed the filter by adding phosphate reducer and carbon in separate bag things. I also took some of the bioballs out, and put filter floss or whatever on the draining thing . I don't think I rinsed the phosphate reducer well enough, so I think it made the water cloudy. It should be fine though right? No fish yet, just live rock and stuff.

Answers:

it wont hurt anything but it depends on what color the clouds are, green = algae, white = a lot of things, brown = should have rinsed the phosphate reducer better

I had a nano cube that did this. Mine was fine. It just took a few hours for everything to settle back down and then it was clear again. You should be good.

with no live stock its no worries any way you look at it, but yes GFO powder is fine and wont hurt anything id you did have fish

No comments:

Post a Comment