Saturday, September 5, 2009

Is something wrong with my new goldfish? Is he going to die? or is this normal?? PLEASE HELP!!!?

Question:

I got a new goldfish from Walmart about two nights ago, the 28 cent ones or whatever. My sister also got one as well. We have a big enough tank for them, it has a pump and a brand new filter. The water is clean because of the filter..So we got them both, put them into the tank. We also bought the goldfish food that the person at the pet deparment said to buy, and they eat it right up. So we are keeping the water clean, at the right temp, and are feeding correctly. When I first got my goldfish he was gold with black speckles on his body and fin..it was one reason why I liked him because it was unique. He had some dark black areas on his body but seemed normal and healthy, and the guy said it was just their coloring for some of them. After two days of being with us, my goldfish's black coloring is going away!!! He is almost all gold now, and the blackness is slowly going away, with only some little speckles on his fins now. Is he okay, is this normal? or is he dying?

Answers:

Continue doing a great job of caring for them. I hope I helped! <=)

Well, walmart goldfish aren't the best (I LOVE WALMART THOUGH!!!) and the black on their fins (learned the hard way) even though it looks cool and unique, it was probably a fungus. And by moving him into a new, cleaner, less populated tank, the fungus should be clearing up. So, no he should not be dieing. Good Luck!!

Sometimesbalck on goldfish is ammonia burns.

He is probably fine. I would think that as they get older the black goes away

yout little pet will be ok goldfishes skin changes color. Like mine i got her gold noe she is almost completely whitemy little sisters is like that its gold then black then gold and black its just their skin changing colour

No comments:

Post a Comment