Saturday, September 5, 2009

How do i clean my 1.5 gallon glass gold fish bowl?

Question:

Im not going to get a filter, not now. Not till ive had my fish for a longer time. Ive had it for about 2-3 weeks now. Every other day i take out about 1/3 of the water and put clean water in.

Answers:

First I take out my goldfish and put her in another smaller bowl and take off all of the hook-ups from the tank. Then I dump the water out and with a new sponge wipe the insides clean with clear water. (Since your tank is small you can do this easily!) I never use soap because I'm afraid I might not get all of it off, and that would be harmful. On the outside though I use windex, and occasionaly some other brand or soap. Hope it helps!

I have two 55 gallon aquariums and that is what I do.

I do not understand why you would want to keep the fish in poor conditions "for a longer time". Please either upgrade immediately or rehome the fish.

Reason: your fish is not even suited for that tank. it will get stunt VERY quick and it will lead to death. Skipping a water change is surely death for that fish in such a small bowl since they are heavy ammonia producers.

take the fish and put him in a small bowl or cup. dump all the water and scrub everything. then refill it and put him back. you really should have a bubbler for him. goldfish are very sensitive to lack of oxygen.My mom used to have a fish tank and she would get a BIG bowl and take the fish out of the tank and put them in the bowl. She had to them put it on the counter and clean it out by hand. Yeah, sounds fun, I know.you should be able to find a thing called a vacumm that is made just for that. Its less stress on you and your fishA bowl is not even adequate for a goldfish. Get a small tank. Ill tell you right now, it wont live for long in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment