Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Can i add fish to my 5 gallon tank now?

Question:

its been 2 months and i cant get the ammonia to 0!!!!! All the research i have read always says my ammonia has to be 0.And my nitrate i think it is 20 and it says safe on the bottle.And my hardness and alkalinity r both 300,is that bad?My pH is 8.4 and that's the highest it can go on the chart.Im using spring water.Im planning on getting 3 guppies soon.And my ammonia got high because i sprinkled flakes in the water because some info online said i had to raise and lower the ammonia.Wellll i raised it.....but it wont lower!!! Im doing a fish less cycle.And i got a used 10 gallon tank ( i cleaned it) should i just plug the filter in,run it for 3 weeks then add fish?? Because i don't want to wait 5 months to get my crazy water levels right!!

Answers:

Good luck.

Good Luck!

I am sorry I am not really sure about all of this pH crap but I really suggest you get White Cloud Mountain Minnow, there is nothing more beautiful than schooling fish swimming together in harmony, always keeping the perfect distance from each other. I also suggest if you want make it a saltwater tank, there are some ABSOLUTELY beautiful fish for Saltwater tanks. Sorry I couldn't help you with the main question.

Take some of your water to a Petco or another fish store. They will typically do a test for you for free, or for a very small fee. They will answer better than we can!

It's easy to get a muddle with it, but it's simple when you get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment