Wednesday, September 30, 2009

pest control & fish tanks?

Question:

I picked up a 10 gallon tank someone gave me off of craigslist, with fish in it. The poor things I could not believe they were even still alive the water was cloudy & green! There were 2 goldfish & a paradise gourami and a plecostamous in there. well i found homes for the goldfish, bought water conditioner and replaced most of the water so it is nice & clear. I will be getting a heater for them next week, i found homes for the goldfish so now I just have 2 gourami who are getting along well and the plecostamous. Well the fish tank also came with some extra pets that i didnt have before...roaches living up in the filter...yuck! I would like to do a big pest control and clean up this week in my apartment. I want to keep the fishies safe. Also the gravel is nasty and filled with waste. The tank needs a full makeover, so any suggestions on how to safely do this? without criticisms please and thanks you because I am a new fish keeper.

Answers:

11.) Do not feed them until 24 hours later after they are introduced,

No comments:

Post a Comment